- January 2019
Rostelecom canceled charges for intra-area calls originated from universal service payphones.
Rostelecom successfully completed the second stage of testing domestic equipment and solutions for implementing quantum data protection of data transmissions via the existing fiber network.
- February 2019
Rostelecom added new services namely Virtual PBX and 800-number to the “Be in Plus” services package.
The only domestic mobile operating systems formerly called Sailfish received a name in Russian – Aurora OS.
Rostelecom developed an off-the-shelf solution for secure biometric data collection.
Submarine fiber-optic cable line linking Sakhalin with Kuril Islands was constructed by Rostelecom and launched on Shikotan Island of the Kuril Chain.
Rostelecom and MegaFon announced launch of a Joint Venture to develop 5G networks.
- March 2019
Rostelecom signed an agreement to acquire 100% interest in Infolink LLC and SvyazStroy-21 LLC, members of GK Infolink – one of the largest alternative ISPs in Republic of Chuvashia.
RTC Monitoring software suite developed by Rostelecom was included in the Unified National Software Register.
Rostelecom acceded Big Data Market Participants Association.
Rostelecom and Lukoil launched a pilot project for remote monitoring and control of oil and natural gas installations.
- April 2019
Rostelecom in association with Russian Post launched a joint nationwide project aimed at developing the Russian digital advertising market. The adopted solution is based on centralized ad content management using specialized video boards installed in post offices, serving as an efficient customer liaison channel.
A unique UFC TV channel started broadcasting in Interactive TV service and Wink service offered by Rostelecom. This new 24x7 TV channel will be devoted entirely to UFC – the world’s largest international mixed martial arts organization. Once it is launched, the channel will be the world’s only UFC thematic channel.
Rostelecom provided faultless operation of the video surveillance system during the early All-Russia Unified Final Exam-2019
Rostelecom, Tele2 and Nokia successfully completed testing of IoT solutions for utilities based on the domestic network infrastructure.
- May 2019
Rostelecom and Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group, the leading Vietnamese telecom service provider and IT solution supplier, signed an MoU for development IT cooperation.
The death rate in road accidents in Astrakhan dropped by 30% over one year of operation of Rostelecom image- and video registration system.
Rostelecom and Cryptosoft completed test trials of a prototype of the first cloud-based service for provisioning of super-highly protected data links using quantum key distribution.
Rostelecom is a leader in development of digital vehicle weight and dimension control systems, according to TelecomDaily information and intelligence agency
Rostelecom and Infotechs completed testing quantum encrypted data transmissions. Tests were conducted using a fiber-optic link between Rostelecom data center at M10 in Moscow and Skoltech University lab in Skolkovo, with the total length of 58 km.
- June 2019
As of June 1st, 2019 Rostelecom has abandoned charging for domestic long-distance telephone calls made from universal service payphones. Therefore starting from that date, phone calls made from any universal service payphone to any fixed-line telephone numbers throughout Russia will be free of charge, as earlier the Company cancelled charges for local and intra-area telephone calls. Rostelecom closed a deal to acquire 51% equity stake in KorClass LLC.
Rostelecom, MegaFone and Nokia made the first international video call in the Russian 5G networks, connecting on the eve of Saint-Petersburg International Economic Forum-2019 the Russian Northern Capital and Helsinki.
ACRA Rating Agency reconfirmed ÀÀ (RU) credit rating of Rostelecom with Stable outlook. Additionally, the agency confirmed ÀÀ(RU) rating of Rostelecom issued bonds.
Technology Partnerships Management Center is created in Rostelecom with the principle task of arranging interoperation with governmental authorities to promote the company role as the coordination center for Russian telecommunications and IT research and development.
Rostelecom started provision of public telephone services to corporate users of Svyaztransneft.
Rostelecom captured and successfully fought off all cyberattacks launched during the Hot-line with President Putin on June 20, 2019. All the detected attacks during the event were DDoS type and were timely detected and fought off owing to the network attack detection and protection system implemented by the Company.
The city of Moscow’s IT Department and Rostelecom signed a contract for transmission of telemetry data from public transport.
Functions performed by Internet Technical Center were transferred to RTC-DC subsidiary.
An Integrated spatial information system named GIS Earth started operations in Arkhangelsk region.
Partnership between Rostelecom and Positive Technologies in protection of web-application was launched.
Rostelecom and Peter-Service launched a project to implement a unified BSS.
Rostelecom in association with NGENIX – Rostelecom Group’s company presented a new cloud-based solution to protect and accelerate web-resources.
Fitch rating agency confirmed Rostelecom’s BBB- investment grade rating.
Rostelecom and Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance (Rosselkhoznadzor) signed a cooperation agreement for transition to the electronic form of provision of veterinary support document execution and connecting customers to the state information system of electronic veterinary certification called FGIS Mercury.
Rostelecom presented the first working version of the Unified Biometric System having all the required components to enable implementation of the basic identity recognition functionality and which is fully prepared for integration with IT systems of banks.
By the end of 2017, sixty five thousand retired people in Russia became participants in “Azbuka Interneta” program (www.azbukainterneta.ru). Rostelecom and Pension Fund of Russia jointly developed this project designed for teaching elderly people basic computer and Internet skills.
Rostelecom was appointed operator of the Unified Biometric System.
Rostelecom provided video surveillance and operation of the online webcasting portal for the Russian Presidential election, which took place in all regions of Russia on March 18, 2018.
Rostelecom was selected Official Regional Supporter of 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Rostelecom presented a strategy for the period of up to 2022 and dividend policy for 2018-2022 approved by its Board of Directors.
Rostelecom, Nokia and Skolkovo Foundation launched Russia's first open trial area for the next generation 5G network.
Rostelecom Contact Center received a certificate of compliance with requirements of ISO18295 – an International standard identifying customer service quality requirements.
Unified Public Services Portal was updated with expanded home page and user’s personal account features; moreover, personalized notifications, quick access to real life situations services, and user support capabilities were added.
Rostelecom video surveillance system ensured 100% online video transmission during the period of taking early Unified State Exam.
Rostelecom completed deployment of a new automated sales management information system to be used for participation in revenue generating procurement in the B2B and B2G segments (AIS Tenders).
Rostelecom, Tattelecom, Huawei and the Ministry of Informatization and Communications of the Republic of Tatarstan launched a trial area for the next generation 5G communications network in the innovation city of Innopolis.
Rostelecom offered electronic voting services to participants in the Annual General Shareholders' meeting. During the ballot mailing period, as well as in the course of the meeting, the Company shareholders were at the same time able to use remote voting systems.
Rostelecom acquired 100% of the shares in Solar Security, a technology leader in targeted monitoring and information security operating management, in order to create a single Ñompetency Ñenter for cyber security matters.
Rostelecom, the State Hermitage Museum and Ericsson started operation of a trial area for the 5G next generation network.
Rostelecom was ranked among top 10 on the rating list of customer loyalty to small and medium enterprises, prepared by the Agency for Strategic Initiatives (ASI).
Analytical Credit Rating Agency (ACRA) confirmed Rostelecom’s AA(RU) credit rating, outlook: stable.
Operation of the Unified Biometric System started in Russia. The system became one of the key components of a remote identification mechanism enabling citizens to receive financial services remotely. The Unified Biometric System identifies users by a combination of two parameters – voice and face, allowing recognition of a living individual, rather than by simulating his/her biometrics in a digital channel.
Rostelecom migrated ALROSA subscribers to a new digital platform.
Rostelecom video surveillance system ensured 100% online webcasting during the Unified State Exam of 2018. Altogether, 119,964 video cameras were installed to cover the exam, with the total duration of webcasts being in excess of 2.5 million hours.
The Mobile Voter service was launched on the Unified Public Services Portal, enabling a voter to choose a convenient polling station.
Rostelecom launched the Call mobile pricing plan offering unlimited calls to any operators for small and medium businesses.
Rostelecom successfully completed trial operation of a regional network segment based on Brain4Net's SDN solution.
Under a pilot project aimed at creating a Smart city Rostelecom implemented a range of smart solutions in Satka (Southern Urals), including Video Surveillance, Smart Door Intercom, Smart Lighting and Digital Accounting for Utilities Resources.
Rostelecom launched Videoserver cloud service for corporate and governmental customers. The service includes both provision and maintenance of software and hardware required for video conferencing.
Rostelecom provided video surveillance on the Single Election Day. The total number of election commissions in 40 constituent entities of the Russian Federation working online was 14,739; while offline video recording was provided in 370 election commissions.
Rostelecom and Nokia created RTK Network Technologies joint venture focused on the development of a portfolio of high-tech network solutions based on Nokia technologies to be integrated with advanced domestic products.
Rostelecom announced new positioning and rebranding, presented new digital services and pricing plans that address the changing market and Company priorities.
Rostelecom, Federal State Unitary Enterprise NAMI and Skolkovo Foundation launched in Skolkovo innovation center trial operations of an unmanned vehicle using a promising 5G communications network in 3.4-3.8 GHz band in conditions resembling those existing on public roads.
Rostelecom introduced a mobile application for remote identification in the Unified Biometric System.
Rostelecom created a first digital village in Russia – Michurinskoye rural settlement in the Khabarovsk Territory in the Far East of Russia. Michurinskoye Digital Area is a community with an innovative ecosystem offering all telecommunications services required for a comfortable life, covering education, medicine, public services, safety, business and leisure.
Rostelecom developed and launched a new Smart TV service application for large, medium and small hotel businesses. The application makes it possible to connect the TV for hotels service quickly without using any set-top box.
Rostelecom presented a single platform for cyber security services ensuring network security and protection against Internet threats in the format of services available directly via Rostelecom telecommunications circuits.
Management of 3GPP Mobile Excellence Centre confirmed compliance of Rostelecom 5G trial area in Innopolis with requirements of 3GPP latest standards.
Rostelecom presented the Digital Well project. Equipment installed in a well located in the oil or gas field collects data which can be used online regardless of location.
Rostelecom completed deployment of a common corporate data network of the Russian Post covering 37,000 postal sites.
Rostelecom, Tele2 and Ericsson tested solutions for housing and utility sector in Moscow and St. Petersburg. During the testing, a service for collecting and transmitting readings of electricity meters to the information systems of a power supply company was deployed.
The number of access points in Rostelecom Wi-Fi network for legal entities and individual entrepreneurs reached 26 thousand.
Rostelecom acquired 99.92% of shares in Start2com, one of the leading developers of software for billing and service management systems in telecommunications.
Rostelecom received a National Procurement Transparency Rating certificate in the Guaranteed Transparency nomination.
Sberbank and Rostelecom on a parity basis signed an agreement on the next scheduled increase of the capital of the commercial real estate sub-fund to 10.4 billion rubles.
Rostelecom successfully completed the first stage of testing of data transmission complexes with hybrid quantum-classical protection. The testing confirmed a possibility of using quantum key distribution (QKD) on the existing Rostelecom infrastructure.
Rostelecom provided stable quality telecommunications services to the Russian public under increased load requirements during the New Year holidays. Over the periods from December 31 through January 1 and from January 6 through January 7 Russian public made altogether over 135 million domestic long-distance and international calls.
Rostelecom implemented a major internal project aimed at optimizing processes related to collecting, processing and delivery of external reporting statements of the Company itself and its affiliates. The project implementation made it possible to achieve substantial automation of back-office functions related to accounting reports generation and provision of certified information in the electronic form.
Gazpromneft and Rostelecom signed a strategic partnership agreement in the innovative development and Industrial Internet.
Rostelecom commissioned an automated weight and dimension measurement system for surveillance of the traffic of heavy-weight and big dimension trucks on motorways in the Nizhegorodskaya region.
Rostelecom and Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science (Rosobrnadzor) executed a governmental contract for provision of video-surveillance services during the General Final State Exams in the Russian Federation in 2017.
Rostelecom completed deployment of the initial stage of the credit score management system in order to promptly evaluate customer credit risks. The system implements the entire credit management cycle completely covering customer or counterparty relations starting from making a contract and until termination of relations. The implemented system enables decision-making based on statistically significant data analyzed using Big Data intelligence tools.
Rostelecom provided capacities of the high-speed fiber link in Kamchatka Area to the Big Three mobile operators.
Rostelecom completed massive-scale implementation of the nationwide last mile deployment management system for Â2Â customers. The project was implemented on the basis of the domestic products – Hermes platform.
Rostelecom launched a video-surveillance system with personal identification in Khanty-Manses at sports venues, at which Russian nationwide sporting events took place in 2017.
Rostelecom Board of Directors appointed Mr. Mikhail Oseevskiy the Company new President. Mr. M. Oseevskiy’s term in office started on March 4, 2017 and will last for 5 years.
Rostelecom provides a comprehensive service related to operation of the telecommunications infrastructure of the Federal State Unitary Enterprise Radiofrequency Center of the Central Federal District
Rostelecom consolidated 100% of SafeData Group of Companies.
In Kamchatka Territory Rostelecom provided resources of a backbone fiber-optic communications link to Big Three operators. Switch to optics significantly improved the quality and speed of mobile data transmission.
Start of sea exploration works for construction of a fiber-optic line on the Kuril Islands.
Rostelecom launched a platform of information and library centers. The platform is designed to create a regional educational ecosystem and includes a wide range of functions for provision of e-learning.
Rostelecom ñompleted a video surveillance system for the basic period of the Uniform State Exam-2017.
A letter of intent to jointly work out the issue of construction in Tatarstan of trial operation of 5G mobile communication network.
Rostelecom repulsed the attacks of a new version of Petya virus, as well as recent WannaCry attacks, which affected many Russian companies and government agencies.
An Interregional Center for Communication Networks Management started in Nizhny Novgorod
Rostelecom earned the status of an authorized operator of electronic document management.
Rostelecom zeroed tariffs for using Wi-Fi at access points built under the Bridging the Digital Divide project.
The Analytical Credit Rating Agency (ACRA) assigned to Rostelecom AA(RU) credit rating with stable outlook. This rating implies a high level of creditworthiness of the Company.
An upper level plan was approved for implementation of the project related to creation of a National Biometric Platform, which foresees that Rostelecom will perform the major technical work.
Rostelecom provided uninterrupted video transmission throughout the entire duration of the Uniform State Exam-2017. The transmission was carried out with more than 116 thousand cameras installed in over 59 thousand classrooms across the country.
Rostelecom launched a cloud platform with modern digital solutions for businesses related to preparation and delivery to supervisory authorities of reports, business statistics and analytics as well as exchange of verified information with counterparties.
Rostelecom and the Pension Fund of Russia updated the materials of the "Internet-ABC" program.
The video surveillance system, engineered by Rostelecom and installed at polling stations and territorial election commissions for the single voting day of September 10, 2017, worked fine, without failure.
Rostelecom successfully repelled a Bad Rabbit virus attack on corporate customers of the Company.
Rostelecom in association with Nokia and Skolkovo Foundation launched cooperation in deploying 5G trial operations in Skolkovo Innovation Center.
Rostelecom, Internet Initiative Development Fund and Skolkovo Foundation began selection of technology start-ups for the joint acceleration program.
Rostelecom and MegaFon agreed to jointly develop 5G networks
Rostelecom, Tattelecom, Huawei and Ministry of IN and Communications of Tatarstan launched cooperation in 5G development. The deployed coverage will include the Unversity and Technopark in the Innopolis area.
Center of Competency in Information Infrastructure of the Russian Digital Economy Program (Rostelecom) and Information Infrastructure Working Group under ANO Digital Economy presented for public debate a plan of efforts to develop the information infrastructure for the digital economy.
Rostelecom, Ericsson and the State Hermitage Federal State Budget-Funded Culture Institution started cooperation to deploy a 5G trial area on the museum premises.
Aggregated capacity of DCs of Rostelecom Group of Companies reached 5,268 rack positions.
Sberbank and Rostelecom agreed to increase the capital of the subfund for redevelopment and real estate management up to 8.8 billion rubles.
Rostelecom started apply zero charge to local calls made from universal service payphones.
The Russian Government according to its Decree No502-pr appointed Rostelecom the sole contractor for delivery of services connected with provision of video-surveillance, webcasting of video-images in Internet and retention of relevant video-recordings for the purposes of organizing and holding the Russian presidential elections in March 2018.
Rostelecom put in commercial operation a comprehensive infrastructure solution "A single geodata information space" – an instrument of information support for taking managerial decisions in any thematic scope, of any scale and level from municipal and regional agencies to federal executive authorities
OOO "RTÑ – Data Center" was made a single center of Rostelecom competencies as regards development, operation and provision of services of commercial data centers and cloud services (IssS, SaaS, etc.)
Rostelecom's corporate venture fund "KommIT Capital" made investments in Raidics corporation – a Russian developer of software for data storage systems
Rostelecom's venture fund "KommIT Capital" invested about 100 mln. rubles in the company "Brain4Net", Russia's leading developer in the sphere of management of carrier-grade data networks and virtualization of network functions
PJSC "Bashinformsvyaz", a subsidiary of Rostelecom, signed a contract for acquisition of telecommunication assets of the Morton Corporate Group
Rostelecom launched a specialized federal anti-corruption portal nocorruption.rt.ru intended for employees and partners of the Company.
Kuanyshbek Yesekeev, Chairman of the Management Board of JSC Kazakhtelecom, and Sergey Kalugin, President of PJSC Rostelecom, signed a memorandum on strategic cooperation between the two companies
"Rostelecom Contact-center" started customer support through the popular messaging service Telegram
Rostelecom completed construction and installation works as well as pre-commissioning procedures with regard to upgrade of a core network in Magadan and a submarine backbone at the Sakhalin-Magadan section. Startup of the second stage of construction of FOCL Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan
Rostelecom completed upgrade of a Single Personal Account (SPA) which was schemed following a detailed study of users' preferences. Over 8 million subscribers of the Company have signed up as users of the Single Personal Account after April, 2016
Rostelecom opened a "green corridor" which allows to formalize allocation of communication cables
In Saint-Petersburg Rostelecom started connection of objects under construction to an integrated communication service
Rostelecom launched the "Interactive TV" service in the Republic of Ingushetia
Rostelecom offers a comprehensive solution for Interactive TV broadcasting in hotels
A registration certificate was issued by Rospatent to Rostelecom's proprietary product RusGIS ("A single geodata information space") Rostelecom ensured uninterrupted broadcasting of the Unified State Exam in 2016 during the entire period of its duration
Rostelecom launched an application to enable viewing InteractiveTV on smartphones. Free applications are already available in AppStore and Google Play for installation.
The service targets both large corporate and governmental customers and medium and small businesses likewise. The service is offered throughout entire Russia
On 1 August 2016 a new TV Channel BUM-TV started to be broadcast in Rostelecom cable TV networks in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Even now the channel potential audience is in excess of 10 million people, and in future people living in other Russian cities can join the audience
Beta-version of the Signle Public Service Portal migrated to the principle domain www.gosuslugi.ru. Commercial operation of the beta version of the public service portal was launched in June 2014 and gained wide popularity among users. For instance, while in late 2014 the new portal monthly visiting rate was about 180 thousand of unique users, some 1.5 million unique users visited the portal in 1H2016
Rostelecom in-house product – RusGIS (Common information space of geodata) is included in the Unified Register of Russian software. The order to this effect was signed by Nikolay Nikiforov, the Russian Minister of Communications and Mass Media
Rostelecom completed construction of Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan submarine cable line. The landing station infrastructure in Kamchatka is fully ready for service
Rostelecom offered to its basic service subscribers in 65 Russian regions an opportunity to activate an additional service – mobile communications, therefore proposing a comprehensive telecommunications solution for all locations, both at home or in the office and beyond likewise. Rostelecom is capable of becoming the sole provider of telecom services to families and businesses offering fixed-line telephony, high speed Internet access, TV< mobile communications and various optional services
Rostelecom launched trial-commercial operation of a new service for corporate and governmental customers called Managed Wi-Fi. It is a solution for provisioning wireless visitor access supporting user authorization in compliance with Russian law. Rostelecom offers this service as complementary to its Internet access offerings
Rostelecom won the first prize as Best package offer from PayTV operator of the national award Golden Ray in satellite, cable and Internet TV. The award-giving ceremony took place on 26 October 2016 in Moscow
- December 2016
Rostelecom completed implementation of a project for deployment of intelligence data warehouse for processing data of the interconnection system and enabling generation of reports required by an operator in order to make key decisions for development of B2B, B2C and B2O sectors in the voice market segment.
Rostelecom successfully fought off DDoS-attacks targeting 5 major banks and financial organizations in Russia.
Internet Development Institute (IRI), PJSC “Rostelecom” and National Association of Industrial Internet presented evaluation guidelines and criteria to be used as the basis for the future Russian Smart Cities rating.
Rostelecom completed activities aimed at creating the Unified Geo-Information System under the contract with the Nenets Information and Intelligence Center. The contract value totaled 13.8 million rubles.
Rostelecom in association with Sberbank of Russia closed the first transaction for creating a commercial real estate sub-fund in the form of a joint-venture with the authorized capital of 4 billion rubles.
The Kamchatka – Sakhalin – Magadan fibre-optic line passes its environmental review
Rostelecom’s high corporate social responsibility rating confirmed as AA(s)
Rostelecom begins testing access points as part of its project to eliminate digital inequality
Rostelecom increased its share in the registered capital of the company GlobalTel up to 100% thus obtaining full control over Globalstar - exclusive global mobile satellite communications carrier operating in Russia
Rostelecom signed a contract with the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation for operation of 'e-government' infrastructure for the year 2015
Rîstelecom launched a special purpose federal portal "Rostelecom – Realty" at which information is available about all immovable property of the Company offered for sale and rental
The project of laying a fiber-îptic communication link "Êàmchatka – Sakhalin – Ìàgadan", carried out by Rostelecom, successfully went through expert review
Rîstelecom successfully repulsed DDos-àttacks on 'smotriege.ru' portal during the first examination of the main stage of the Unified National Exam
The International rating agency Fitch Ratings confirmed the Company's issuer default rating ("IDR") as "ÂBB-"
Rostelecom started installation of the submarine FOCL Êàmchatka – Sakhalin – Ìàgadan
Rostelecom implemented a domestically-made network construction management system
Rostelecom completed the first construction stage of Kamchatka-Sakhalin-Magadan submarine cable system
Rostelecom streamlined logistics and warehousing facilities
For the first time ever Rostelecom became a partner in shooting a Russian movie
Rostelecom increased its interest in the JV with BGTRK up to 41%. The Company will acquire ordinary shares of JSC TsTV valued at 2 billion rubles of a new share issue. The proceeds from the deal will be mainly invested in the JV business development in Latin America countries
Rostelecom is going to acquire IQMEN IBS Russian Big Data software developing company. Rostelecom Board of Directors approved a deal to buy 75% of shares in CJSC IQMEN IBS, developing a platform to use Big Data technologies. The deal value will total 525 million rubles
Beta-version of Rostelecom’s gaming portal Games.rt.ru was launched. The Portal resides on the basis of the Company National Cloud Platform and is available to computer gamers everywhere in the world where Internet can be accessed. Rostelecom game business is developed by a special purpose Venture Product Department of the Company which implements the fast way to the market strategy for explosively growing high-tech markets
Rosenergoatom and Rostelecom wick deploy Russia’s largest Data Center. Rostelecom Board of Directors approved terms and conditions of an agreement with JSC Concern Rosenergoatom for construction of Russia’s largest Data Center (DC). Under the agreement Rostelecom will rent for 30 years buildings and facilities to deploy a DC with 4 thousand rack capacity
Rostelecom provided over 300 million Russian households with an opportunity to get connected to high-speed Internet on the basis of fiber technologies, evidencing Rostelecom unrivalled leadership in internet access development market
Rostelecom on its RT.RU website launched online payment service using MasterCard® and Visa®cards
- January: Rostelecom opens internet cafe in “Gorki” Olympic media centre in Sochi, provides telecommunication services to Sochi Media Centre and opens internet cafes in Olympic villages. More than 10,000 people go online at all sites with Rostelecom internet access.
- January – February: Rostelecom networks carry over 1 mln gigabytes of Olympic traffic.
- February: Rostelecom wins exclusive rights to carry popular movie channel Paramount Channel.
- March: Rostelecom broadcasts Paralympic Games on Live Site Sochi 2014.
Russian Government Ordinance No.437 dated 26th March 2014 vests responsibility for providing universal communication services throughout the Russian Federation in OJSC Rostelecom.
- April: Rostelecom completes the construction of Nothern optical flow – communication backbone which runs from Ekaterinburg through Khanty-Mansiysk, Surgut, Noyabrsk, Novy Urengoy to Salekhard. The speed of Internet access grew 4-10 times.
- May:The Federal Communications Agency (Rosvsyaz) and OJSC Rostelecom sign a 10-year contract on the provision of universal communication services. To eliminate digital inequality the Company will provide internet access points with a data transmission speed of at least 10 Mbit/s in over 13,600 settlements (with a population of between 250 and 500) throughout the country. Around 200,000 km of new fibre-optic telecommunications lines are to be laid.
Rostelecom completes work on a CCTV system for use during the 2014 United State Examination and begins coverage of the first exam in the main examination period. As stipulated in the contract, Rostelecom experts tested and installed hardware-software systems in more than 3,081 locations, including examination halls and regional data processing centres.
During the St.Petersburg International Economic Forum Rostelecom announces the launch of the beta version of its Sputnik search engine platform, focussed on socially important internet services.
- June: Rostelecom makes a total saving of 4,896,459,129 rubles on its procurement budget from January through May 2014. Having adopted a programme aimed at boosting competition in its procurement operations, the Company sees an overall increase in the number of suppliers bidding in tenders, including small businesses. Economic benefits are achieved through additional savings as a result of genuine competition and by abandoning the use of intermediaries.
- July: Rostelecom completes testing of its powerful new CR class IP/MPLS hub network equipment. The testing programme involved leading international telecoms equipment manufacturers. The Company also begins testing its RGR class IP/MPLS PE hub router and CG-NAT devices used for transmitting network addresses at the communications network operator level.
The CCTV system organized by Rostelecom for the 2014 United State Examination operates satisfactorily during the additional examination period in all regions of the country.
- August: Rostelecom announces the completion of the second and concluding phase of a deal with Tele2 Russia to create a new nationwide mobile phone operator. As a result of the deal, Rostelecom transfers all its mobile assets to the JV. Following the appropriate amendments to the JV’s founding documents Rostelecom’s share in the JV amounts to 45%.
- March – May: Rostelecom launches commercial operation of 3G+ network in Perm, Penza and Volgograd Regions of Volga Federal District
- April: first presentation by Rostelecom of new cloud services for small and medium enterprises, based on proprietary 07.com National Cloud Platform. Rostelecom successfully launches integrated cloud services such as 1S: Enterprise, Microsoft Virtual Office and CRM Systems
- June: Rostelecom launches first fragment of LTE network in Sochi
- 26 June 2013: extraordinary meeting of shareholders takes decision on reorganization of OJSC Rostelecom through takeover of OJSC Svyazinvest plus 20 other companies. The same month, Rostelecom’s board approves an additional ordinary share issue as part of Phase 2 of the reorganization
- August: successful completion of CDN network with access nodes in 30 major Russian cities
- September: Rostelecom signs strategic cooperation agreement with Russia’s Sberbank. Third-generation mobile communication networks launched in 22 regions
- October – November: Rostelecom announces completion of Phase 2 of reorganization
- December: Rostelecom board approves merger of cellular phone assets with Tele2 Russia. Shareholders support reorganization of company through spinoff of CJSC RT Mobile
- Rostelecom signs cooperation agreements with OJSC Mobile TeleSystems, Yevroset and Svyaznoy
- Rostelecom acquires 75% + 1 share in GNC Alfa
- March 2012: Russian President signs decree on reorganization of Rostelecom through takeover of OJSC Svyazinvest
- July: Rostelecom increases stake in Skyline to 100%
- On eve of Sochi Forum Rostelecom launches dedicated IT centre
- November 2012: Rostelecom’s broadband services client base exceeds 9 million
- Rostelecom raises its stakes in CJSC Volgograd – GSM and Orenburg – GSM to 100%
- Rostelecom joins international consortium to create Europe-Persia Express Gateway (EPEG) fibre-optic cable system
- 12 May 2011: Rostelecom shares begin trading on MICEX stock exchange
- Rostelecom acquires 39.87% of ordinary shares of Bashinformsvyaz
- Standard & Poor’s raises Rostelecom’s rating to BB+ with stable outlook
- Rostelecom and Yota sign agreement on joint development of 4G networks
- January 2010: Rostelecom was declared a competition winner of all-Russia “Goszakaz-2010” exhibition forum
- Launch of Chelyabinsk – Khabarovsk FOCL
- Rostelecom ordinary shares begin trading in US OTCQX over-the-counter electronic trading system
- 26 June: decision taken on reorganization of Rostelecom
- Standard & Poor’s assigns Rostelecom long-term corporate credit rating of BB with stable outlook
- April 2009: Rostelecom wins Brand of the Year / EFFIE 2008 award
- May 2009: Rostelecom launches new Petrozavodsk - Murmansk FOCL
- September 2009: Rostelecom launches Electronic Government project
- December 2009: Rostelecom declared General Partner of 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- December 2009: Rostelecom ADRs delisted on New York Stock Exchange
- Rostelecom joins Top-100 in annual rating of most mentioned brands in Russian segment of the internet, published by Webscan Technologies
- Rating agency Standard & Poor’s raises Rostelecom’s long-term credit rating from BB- to BB with stable outlook.
- June 2008: Rostelecom completes new Moscow - Yartsevo – Smolensk – Gusino FOCL
- July 2008: first line of Phase 1 of new Kingisepp – Luga – Pskov – Smolensk – Moscow FOCL launched
- September 2008: RJCN subsea cable communication system between Russia and Japan launched
- January 2007: Rostelecom commissions Skovorodino-Aldan-Yakutsk FOCL
- July 2007: Rostelecom and leading Chinese operator China Telecom sign agreement on exchange of internet traffic
- Rostelecom receives Telephone Communications Operator prize from Russian Ministry of Information Technologies and Communication
- March 2006: Rostelecom launches first all-Russian network of sales and customer service centres
- Rostelecom completes organization of ring protection of DWDM network in European part of Russia
- June 2006: Rostelecom completes deal to acquire CJSC Zebra Telecom
- July-November 2006: Rostelecom launches Chelyabinsk–Tyumen, Nazran–Grozny, and Vologda-Issad FOCLs and completes construction of digital radio relay link between Kirov and Syktyvkar.
- November 2005: Rostelecom joins list of 100 Best Customer Orientated Companies
- Rostelecom and Japanese Bank of International Cooperation (JBIC) sign loan agreement
- January 2005: RID-Expert RA consortium assigns “Class A” to Rostelecom. In February, Standard & Poor’s raises Rostelecom’s long-term credit rating from B to B+. The same year, Euromoney magazine names Rostelecom “Corporate Governance Leader”.
- Autumn 2005: launch of high-speed digital Ufa-Orenburg FOCL
- Standard & Poor’s rating agency assigns corporate governance rating of 6.4 to Rostelecom. At the end of the year, the company is awarded first place amongst Russian companies for information transparency
- Rostelecom and China Telecom sign agreement to build cable communication system between Russia and China
- Rostelecom launches Kaliningrad – Gvardeysk – Sovetsk FOCL
- Completion of international Russia – Azerbaijan FOCL. The same year, the throughput capacity of the Moscow – Samara and Moscow – Novosibirsk sections is expanded.
- Rostelecom begins reconstruction and expansion of Moscow – Samara section of Moscow – Novosibirsk line, and of Moscow – Novorossiysk and Moscow – St.Petersburg – Kingisepp lines, using DWDM technology
- Completion of Phase 1 of Baltic Cable System jointly with Telia
- Completion of Russia – Kazakhstan FOCL
- Operational start-up of second phase of Samara – Saratov – Volgograd FOCL
- Completion of launch of terrestrial stations of Rostelecom’s satellite communications network using new-generation LKMI-1 communication satellite to serve remote and hard-to-access regions of Russia
- Rostelecom takes over OJSC Long-Distance and International Telephone (MMT)
- Operational start-up of Rostov on Don - Lugansk FOCL
- Completion of Trans-Russian Moscow – Khabarovsk FOCL
- Rostelecom joins Standardization Sector of International Telecommunications Union
- Commercial launch of Russia – Ukraine and Russia – Belorussia FOCLs
- Rostelecom issues American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) with listing on New York Stock Exchange
- Company launches programme to commission exchange using new-generation LMI-1 communications satellite to serve remote and hard-to-reach regions of Russia.
- Rostelecom becomes a member of the Telecommunication Operators Board of the Regional Commonwealth in the field of communications
- Rostelecom begins work on Russia – Ukraine and Russia – Belorussia fibre-optic lines
- Completion of fibre-optic communications system with link to Finland
- Commissioning of Central International and Intercity Communications Complex
- Work begins on Central International and Intercity Communications Complex
- Rostelecom completes construction of Eastern Communications Complex
- Rostelecom launches construction of Southern International Communications Complex
- 23 September 1993: Incorporation of open joint stock company Rostelecom
- Commercial start-up of subsea digital fibre-optic communication line (FOCL) between Denmark and Russia and, slightly later, the Moscow – Khabarovsk Trans-Siberian digital radio relay link