PJSC Rostelecom owns an extensive backbone network that meets all the requirements of today’s market environment.
Its backbone digital network, running to a total length of 500,000 km and based on FOCLs using SDH and DWDM technology, is complemented by 2,600 km of local networks and provides all types of information transmission services – voice, data and video – across the entire Russian Federation.
- Consists of trunk communication lines connected via international and intercity transit communication nodes with national and foreign operator networks
- Uses advanced SDH and DWDM technologies
- Over 350 access points in Russia and abroad
- Participation in 17 international cable systems
- Direct connections with 190 networks in 70 countries
- Contractual arrangements with over 2,300 national and international fixed-line and mobile telephony operators
- Network protection on geographically widespread routes
Click on map to enlarge